GOOD MANNERS TO THE RESCUE- Volume 1
Now that our lives have been so dramatically affected by the pandemic, do good manners still serve any purpose?
The answer is simple: MORE THAN EVER!
Good manners will survive the virus, whether social distancing is required or not.
The purpose of this book is to:
– recall the principles of common sense and inclusion which are the foundation of etiquette and remain valid despite the pandemic.
– explain how mastering the art of harmoniously living together helps to gain self-confidence in various face-to-face and virtual situations.
– describe the many little distinguishing factors that make us stand out from the crowd in the current context of major economic challenges and tough competition on the labour market.
Discover the keys to modern elegance, explained simply to provide you with tools that are easy to use, whether you are in a face-to-face situation or behind to your screen.
GOOD MANNERS TO THE RESCUE- Volume 2
Table manners have always been associated with good manners!
Being a good host, behaving as a pleasant and well-mannered guest or being at ease during a business meal, all of these aspects of social relations play an active role in building a good reputation, both personal and professional.
Doing well in these situations can be a real competitive asset. On the contrary, hesitating or making too many missteps can hinder success, regardless of one’s professional skills and achievements.
That’s what this volume 2 of the ‘good manners to the rescue’ series is all about:
– to review the principles which have traditionally underpinned what is known as etiquette and which apply in particular to table manners,
– to describe what to do in situations that may be outside your comfort zone such as: handling cutlery, coping with complicated dishes, mastering table styles, the codes of the business lunch and the fundamentals of a successful event. These are the little elements that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Uncover the keys to French table manners, explained and illustrated clearly. Whether you are invited to dinner at your employer’s house or entertaining an important client, you can develop total confidence, whatever the place, the guests, the cutlery or the dishes served.
ELEVATOR SPEECH- THE ART OF PRESENTING YOURSELF
Whether you are aiming for a next step in your career, a first job, or a promotion: a well-prepared elevator speech is a major step towards success!
The digital age monopolises our attention through a continuous flow of information, and this has been accelerated by the pandemic. There is considerably less time to exchange with others. It is therefore crucial to make the best possible use of the few dozen seconds that an interviewer, recruiter or colleague is ready to devote to you, whether you meet for a job interview, at the office Christmas party or in a social context.
The elevator speech is the essential tool to introduce yourself and start a conversation with others.
How to best prepare yourself?
In less than 45 minutes of reading, this practical guide will run you through the essential steps to easily write and deliver your speech.
You will learn:
– to use a simple and systematic method with practical examples for writing this little speech about yourself,
– how to recognize and avoid the most common pitfalls,
– how to best rehearse your speech in such a way that you will be able to deliver it as naturally as possible and feel confident on the big day.
Presenting yourself with skill and conviction is within everyone’s reach ; you simply need the tools and guidance we provide!